The Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) performs a vital public service. ART’s goal is to ensure that transportation services are delivered safely, effectively and efficiently, in a manner that safeguards the public and protects its employees from risks posed by inappropriate passenger conduct. ART is a fare based system. ART FARE POLICY provides information about costs associated with the use of the system.
Violence- Physical force employed to violate, damage, abuse, injure or strike in any manner.
Threat- An expression or action showing intent to inflict harm. Giving signs or warnings of violence or the announcement of violence as a possibility.
Inappropriate Behavior- Any conduct that does not demonstrate respect for safety and welfare of themselves and/or others or that interferes with the orderly provision of transportation services. The Bus Operator may use his or her sole discretion in determining the level of violation for any and all other inappropriate behavior(s)/conduct.
BUS ETIQUETTE AND CONDUCT
For the safety and comfort of all passengers and employees, the following rules of conduct will be enforced to ensure that all passengers have a pleasant experience.
- Federal regulations prohibit the operation of any bus with passengers standing ahead of the white line.
- Articles which, because of their size or nature of content, may be dangerous to passengers are not allowed on the bus. Articles prohibited by ART include but are not limited to:
- Illegal drugs.
- Weapons, including but not limited to knives and guns.
- Flammable or combustible materials or other dangerous substances such as gasoline, kerosene, and propane.
- Open containers of alcohol.
- Animals, other than service animals for the disabled, except those animals that can be safely carried in a closed and secured bag, carrier or kennel.
- Any article that cannot be safely held and/or stored in a seat that could potentially hurt other passengers if it were to come into contact with another passenger during an unscheduled stop.
- Children in strollers must be removed from the stroller and placed in a seat or on a parent’s lap. Strollers must be folded and stored out of the aisle of vehicle.
- Passengers are required to pay proper fare for all transportation services.
- All passengers must wear shirts and shoes.
- Profane and vulgar language directed towards passengers or Bus Operator, loud distracting language, and/or obscene signs or gestures will not be tolerated on buses and/or facilities. Use of racial slurs, racial/ethnic name calling, displaying racial behaviors will not be tolerated.
FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS:
- Please allow the Bus Operator to drive their buses safely.
- Smoking is prohibited on all buses. Drivers shall inform passengers in a courteous, but firm manner that smoking is prohibited.
- Passengers are prohibited from throwing objects from the bus, or sticking anything, including body limbs, out of the window.
- Excretion of any bodily fluid upon or at another person or object while on the vehicle.
- Please keep all aisles free of all items.
PASSENGERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
- Disturb other passengers or the Driver. Drivers should courteously request that the offending action cease. Examples of such disturbances include, but are not limited to: excessive noise, throwing objects, physical violence, offensive behavior and speech, public intoxication, and harassing behavior.
- Solicit the sale of goods or services on buses.
- Place advertisements on the inside or outside of the buses, nor may any passenger remove or deface those placed on the buses by the authorized representatives of the company.
- Play loud musical devices on buses, unless headsets with reasonable level of volume, are being used.
- Perform any personal hygiene tasks while riding the bus (i.e. put on perfume, clip fingernails, etc).
- Consume any alcoholic beverage or possess an open container of any alcoholic beverage.
- Possess weapons on or around transit facilities.
- Make any sexual references, sexually implicit remarks, gestures or touch other passengers.
NOTE: At any time, the Transportation Supervisor or any transit authority management employee may refuse to transport or order off the bus any person who is violating or had violated the “Passenger Bus Etiquette and Code of Conduct.” No person shall refuse to depart from ART vehicles when ordered to do so by the transportation supervisor or any transit authority management employee.
CONSEQUENCES OF MISCONDUCT
The behaviors outlined previously will not be tolerated on ART service. Bus Operators and/or Management will take direct and fitting action in response to misconduct.
- Conduct that is deemed illegal/hazardous/violent will be addressed immediately, up to and including assistance from the appropriate security personnel and/or police department.
- If one individual is inhibiting the atmosphere for the majority of the passengers, that person will be asked to cease the behavior causing the disturbance. If the behavior continues and the Bus Operator feels that the passenger has been given sufficient warning, the Bus Operator then has the right to ask the passenger to leave the bus after first consulting with the Transportation Supervisor. If the passenger does not leave the bus after being asked by the Bus Operator, the Bus Operator should then notify the Transportation Supervisor of the situation so they can either respond on-site to provide additional assistance and/or notify the proper authorities to provide further assistance.
ANIMALS ON BUSES
- All service animals are allowed to ride with their owner. This applies to any animal that is considered a service animal.
- All animals are allowed on transit buses free of charge as long as they are properly restrained/kenneled and are under the owner’s control.
- Animals other than service animals must be in an enclosed and secured bag, carrier or kennel.
- Animals may ride on a space available basis. If a transit vehicle is at capacity and there is no room to accommodate an animal, even one which complies with all other terms of this policy, the passenger must wait for the next bus.
- Any animal, including a service animal, which is not under control, may be removed from the bus. Not under control means showing aggressive behavior, defecating, urinating, physically touching other passengers such as pawing, etc. Allergic reactions from other passengers or fear of the animal are sufficient grounds to remove an animal.
- Situations involving animals can be unpredictable. Every effort will be made to accommodate the passenger in the implementation of this policy.
LOST AND FOUND
Anaheim Resort Transit holds items found on the bus for thirty (30) days. After that, items are donated to a local charity. Please call 714-563-5287 for more information.
For your safety, please do not touch unattended packages and/or handbags you may find on the buses or at the bus facilities. Please report all unattended packages to the Bus Operator. Also, please do not leave your own belongings unattended.
Passenger-Code-of-Conduct (pdf format)
Visit our “How to Ride” page to find out more.